- The 5 mindfulness trainings for members of the Sangha
- The 14 mindfulness trainings for members of the Order of Interbeing
- The 5 hindrances - about obstacles to practice
About our Google+ Sangha meeting formatThuy Cu has kindly organized our Thursday meeting from 9am to 10:30am GMT. This Sangha meeting is conducted using Google+ so please connect with our Plumline group on Google+ by clicking this link.
"Hokey Pokey" and Source Sangha formatOur "Hokey Pokey" Sangha and Source Sangha meet on Mondays for between 1 and 2 hours, following our Sangha format:
- 20-25 minute seated meditation, or feel free to do walking meditation if you prefer.
(Note: If your computer can receive streaming audio and/or video you are often invited to share in a guided meditation).
- Reading of the 5 Mindfulness Trainings.
- Discussion for the rest of the hour to 2 hours for those who wish to stay with the discussion.
(We also, sometimes, contemplate a reading by Thay during part of this period).
We have adopted the following guideline to make our online discussion more efficient:
Just as in face to face Sangha, we use the bow as a signal that we would like to speak. When you wish to speak, type in the word "Bow" and post it so the group knows you wish to speak. Then type your comments and post them, taking as much time as you need. When you are finished speaking post the word "Bow" again to let everyone know when you are finished.
This allows each of us to speak without interruption. This also allows us to follow our breath and practice being mindful, fully present, as we wait for the person typing to post their message.
This e-version of a sangha is a different way of communication, one many of us are not used to. Yet we have found it to be a very viable way to connect with like-minded people looking for Sangha connection.